Vilnius is the biggest city in Lithuania, hosting a number of unique monuments, such as the Cathedral built on the former site of a pagan temple or the famous Gate of Dawn (the pilgrimage point for many generations of Poles), as well as one of the oldest European universities, the Gothic St. Anne’s Church, and the classical Town Hall.
We propose the following schedule for this private, two-day tour to Vilnius starting from Warsaw:
- 06:00 – pick up from your hotel in Warsaw. You will meet the driver at the reception desk for a comfortable journey with one of our well-prepared cars.
- 14:00 – arrival to Trakai – the ancient capital of the Great Dutchy of Lithuania, lunch break.
- 15:00 – 18:00 – journey to Vilnius, check in to the hotel. You start with a short walk around historic Vilnius with its Cathedral and Main Square, gothic churches of St. Anna’s and Bernardine and finally the Gates of Down with the miraculous painting of Virigin Mary.
- 10:00 – a farewell tour around Vilnius. Starting with the KGB museum, the only site of this kind in Europe, where you can wander through the corridors of the former KGB jail and feel like a communist prisoner: the museum is located in the former headquarters of Lithuanian KGB (communist secret service) division. Then, you will have a chance to admire the beautiful view over the whole historic Vilnius from the Castle Hill.
- 14:00 – lunch break, departure from Vilnius
- 23:00 – return to Warsaw